Thursday, September 12, 2024

Sept 12 - Exit Slip

 


I very much enjoyed the drawing activity in class today. At first, I was not sure what the purpose of the activity was but when Dr. Gerofsky talked about thinking of doing math in the same way as we think of art or music, it made a lot of sense to me. We do not have to be good at it to do it. In my own process of drawing the above picture, I noticed that I focus more on the one scenery rather than separate objects occupying the bigger space. This made me realize that I would benefit from learning how to scaffold tasks for my students. On the brighter side, I realized why I am good at solving word problems - I take into account all the little details provided.

1 comment:

Final Blog Post

 Going back and re-reading my blog posts from September was a fascinating and reflective experience. From the beginning of this program, I’v...