Thursday, December 12, 2024

Final Blog Post

 Going back and re-reading my blog posts from September was a fascinating and reflective experience. From the beginning of this program, I’ve been a reflective individual, and it’s rewarding to see how I’ve carried that practice through to the end. The journey has been one of continuous growth, marked by new ideas, discoveries, and a deepened appreciation for the intersection of education and creativity.

One of the most impactful areas of learning for me has been the exploration of Indigenous perspectives and garden-based learning. Spending time in the garden was transformative, connecting theory to practice in such a tangible way. While some of those days were uncomfortably hot, the experience left a lasting impression. By the end of the semester, I found myself missing the garden’s dynamic environment and the lessons it brought to life.

Another revelation was how seamlessly drawing, poetry, and music can be integrated into math. Before September, I assumed incorporating the arts into math would require significant effort and careful planning. Instead, I’ve been pleasantly surprised by how naturally these elements fit into the learning process. This discovery has broadened my understanding of math education and inspired me to think more creatively when designing lessons.

This class has exceeded my expectations, challenging me to think beyond traditional methods and embrace interdisciplinary approaches. I’m grateful for the growth I’ve experienced and excited to carry these insights forward into my teaching practice. It’s been an enriching journey that I’ll reflect on for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog Post

 Going back and re-reading my blog posts from September was a fascinating and reflective experience. From the beginning of this program, I’v...