Thursday, October 10, 2024

October 10 - Exit Slip

I enjoyed today's debate activity and found it to be very insightful. My group (Mark, Madison, Brandon and myself) were arguing for there to be a grading system in the classrooms and it was interesting to talk about how the proficiency scale, though an improved way of evaluating students, is still a grading system and that led our group to the realization that it is not the grades that are the problem, it is they kind of perception of grades that parents, students, teachers and different stakeholders have. I do believe that grades, if used holistically, can communicate student progress very effectively in a way that all the stakeholders understand.

Our collective summary of the points raised by all members can be found on Madison's blog as she was kind and resourceful enough to keep a track of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog Post

 Going back and re-reading my blog posts from September was a fascinating and reflective experience. From the beginning of this program, I’v...