During today's online class via Zoom, it was a lot of fun to participate in the Wurzelschnecke making workshop. When I first looked at the image of this spiral on the class blog, I wasn't too confident that I could make it by myself and I wished I were in our physical classroom with everybody. But to my surprise, it wasn't a hard process at all. I was able to fit 14 triangles on my paper and the making of these triangles was so engaging and I was in a state of flow. I appreciated my classmates' mathematical insights in the chat section of zoom. There was also some wondering about where on the page is the best place to start and I appreciated Teij's explanation. It was very restorative to step away from all the final assignments and projects even for a little while and just do simple and beautiful mathematical activity.
After this, I exited zoom and worked on my own on the various assignments I needed to finish.
Thanks Manveen!
ReplyDelete