Poetry in the Garden
During today's class, I did not connect with the task of writing poetry int he garden. I found drawing much easier a couple of weeks ago. I appreciated my classmates' poems - they were very true to their personalities as well. I wrote a Hemachandra/Fibonacci comical poem playing around with the number of words instead of syllables, and I loved how everyone laughed at it! Here is the poem:
Hello!
How are you?
I'm well, thanks for asking.
So this is about your cars extended warranty...
Discussion on Spirituality and Science
I resonate a lot with the values that spirituality and coming from a STEM background, it is very interesting to me to talk about the two in the same context. During class, I talked about how my dad used to teach me that god is in everything and I realize that now that I did not clarify to my classmates that as an adult, I view this as thinking of "things" as "beings" much like what Dr. Robin Wall Kimmerer says in her book. It was brought up that religious talks in the classroom might not be the best thing to do, and I agree. Though, I do hope we can talk about respecting nature and treating all beings with care in our classrooms.
I have re-read your poem so many times and laughed aloud! Thanks for your very thoughtful response and contributions to the class discussion.
ReplyDelete