Sunday, September 29, 2024

Sept 26 - Exit Slip

 


Reflecting on today's class, I really appreciated a new way of approaching nature that whenever I take/harvest anything from nature, I need to ask permission and give my thanks and a gift back to nature. I think when we talk about including indigenous perspectives in our classroom, we sometimes forget that it's not just pedagogical approaches we need to include, it is the whole way of living life. I was able to experience this in today's class when we all sat down and made rope using the materials we gathered, and Madison braided my hair. We shared our thoughts about how we feel when we try to incorporate some indigenous perspectives (which are somewhat similar to the perspectives of my ancestors as well) and it solidified my thoughts - I feel thankful to have been invited to participate in indigenous ways of knowing and learning.

1 comment:

Final Blog Post

 Going back and re-reading my blog posts from September was a fascinating and reflective experience. From the beginning of this program, I’v...